Cookies

Monday, September 13, 2010

Love, Loss, and What I Wore

Due to various circumstances, I have now seen Love, Loss, and What I Wore twice. Without these circumstances, I would not have seen it even once, as my interest in clothing is at the nano level. I would have missed a delightful and touching evening (well, two delightful and touching evenings). LLAWIW uses clothing as a launchpad from which to discuss growing up, romance, family dynamics, aging, and the strange and wonderful adventure of being a woman. At times it has the audience laughing hysterically; at other times, sniffles can be heard. Helen Carey, Victoria Clark, Nancy Giles, Stacy London, and Jamie-Lynn Sigler, who make up the current cast, are all wonderful. By the end of the show, you want to go out to dinner with them and continue the conversation.

No comments: