Cookies

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Goodbye, My Friend

I was absolutely shocked and saddened to hear of the sudden passing of my friend and colleague, Patrick Lee. Patrick was one of the most beautiful, generous and caring individuals I've ever known, and probably my greatest supporter, encouraging me more than anyone to pursue my passions of criticism and theatre journalism. I honestly don't think I've ever met anyone who truly loved theatre as much as he did. I'll always remember his dry comments after a particularly heinous production, the late-night dinners where he lovingly recounted his many theatrical memories, and his overall love for what he was doing. I am happy that, although his life has been cut tragically short, he was able to spend his final years doing what he loved most in the world. I am a better writer, audience member, and person to have known him.

No comments: