Cookies

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Homecoming


****1/2
The Cort

Wow. I loved this play. Going to a gorgeously produced revival of a play or musical that I have never read or seen is right up there with a medium rare rib eye or an expensive bottle of wine. With its expertly designed dialogue and its controversial subject matter centered around a family, Pinter's The Homecoming reminded me a little of Albee's The Goat (another play I went apeshit over). The cast is near perfect with Raul Esparza turning in yet another intense, multi-layered, intelligent performance as a horny son who hates his family (I love you, Raul xo). And Eve Best- amazing. As the only girl in this cast of five boys her feminine presence is amplified up to 11 and as she moved in slow motion through this play I couldn't take my eyes off her. Thumbs up old school.

No comments: