Cookies

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Fast Food

Emerging Artist's Theatre

This was one of those fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants 24 hour play festivals. Six of us playwrights pulled suggestions out of a bag on Friday at 8pm, wrote all night, submitted our scripts to directors/actors in the morning and crossed our fingers at 7pm as the curtain rose. This is what I got:
Place: Stuck on the N Train on the Manhattan Bridge
Time: 1776
Must appear somewhere in play: "Gooaaaaall!!!!" and "Are you in the next EATFest?"
WTF??? I raced home and began typing and at 4 in the morning I was in a panic. What have I gotten myself into?! Happily, the actors got it and sold my 1776 on the N train play and the audience declared mine and the other 5 sleepless playwrights' plays hits. Totally scary but ultimately a blast- I wanna ride again!

1 comment:

Patrick Lee said...

Gooaaaaall!!!!! Are you in the next EATFest?