Cookies

Friday, February 09, 2007

Follies

*****
Encores

THIS WAS GAY CHRISTMAS! AHHHHH!!!!....(lemmie catch my breath for a moment...) Okay. I drool over this legendary Sondheim score (well, except for "The Right Girl" which hurts my ears) and this production was almost perfect exactly as it should be. Is there another musical out there that so revels in its imperfections than this congregation of old showfolk looking back one last time? The futile struggle to reach those high notes and high kicks was valiant and heartbreaking and beautiful to behold. I could not take my eyes off of the gorgeous, hysterical Christine Baranski who knocked it out of the park with "I'm Still Here". Donna Murphy is a LEGEND. VICTORIA CLARK WAS BORN TO PLAY SALLY DURANT PLUMMER. OH MY GAY GOD! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

No comments: