Cookies

Thursday, September 06, 2012

So Long, Farewell, Colony Records

Colony Records, that old sheet music and sound recording mecca that has resided on the corner of 49th and Broadway in Times Square since 1970 (and, before that, on 52nd Street, where it first opened in 1948) is going out of business on Saturday, September 15th.

I was asked a few weeks back to blog about the significance of its demise for Oxford University Press, which is publishing my book, Hard Times: The Adult Musical in 1970s New York City in October. More on the book in a later post, I promise. For now, I wanted to call attention to the store's closing, and to my post about it. Check out the OUP blog post below--and if you are local, please stop in at Colony to say goodbye. It's a sad pilgrimage, to be sure, but one I bet you'll be glad you made.

COLONY

No comments: