|Rebekah Brockman, Tom Pecinka |
Photo: Joan Marcus
- Saw approximately 80 shows total (hard to know whether to count repeats, walk-outs, cabaret with theatre people, etc)
- 12 on Broadway
- 39 Off-Broadway
- 10 Off-Off-Broadway
- The rest at the Delacorte, New York Philarmonic, Yale, Kennedy Center in DC, Encores!, etc.
- Number of shows I rate B or higher: 39
|Alisha Spielmann, Chinaza Uche |
in Jane the Plain
. Photo: Deborah Alexander
Here are my favorites. I couldn't get it down to 10 It's 17 shows, but I paired some to make the list look like 15.
The list is in alphabetical order, not order of preference.
- And I and Silence
- Arcadia and Indian Ink: Tom Stoppard at his best. Twice.
- Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time: Vividly theatrical and moving. Succeeded in having the audience glimpse what it's like in another person's mind.
- The Fatal Weakness
- Love and Information
- Jane the Plain
- Little Night Music and Next to Normal: Both at the Gallery Players.
- Puppet Titus Andronicus
- Red-Eye to Havre de Grace
- Row after Row
- Stage Kiss: A flat-out funny comedy about the gray area between a real kiss and a stage kiss. Jessica Hecht killed.
- Sticks and Bones
|Dominic Fumusa, Jessica Hecht|
in Stage Kiss
Photo: Sara Krulwich
Happy New Year, everyone. May your 2015 be filled with joy, good health, and lots of wonderful shows.