Cookies

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Journey's End


**** 1/2
Moral of the story: war kills hot guys. And if there's anything more tragic than that then I don't know what it is. This intense, heartbreaking, 1928 WW1 drama was superbly acted/directed and before I realized what was happening I was completely wrapped up in the lives of these soldiers. Set in an underground bunker (the most dimly lit production on Broadway) this story focused in on one military maneuver and the repercussions of this one event. As addressed in the play, when one imagines WW1 one thinks of a lot of guns and fires and running etc, however the reality of it is that it was a lot of sitting around and waiting. And of course whiskey and conversation. I was very glad I got to see this production and I highly recommend it. HGA! HGA!

Also blogged by: [Christopher] [Aaron] [Patrick]

No comments: