Cookies

Friday, December 30, 2011

Wendy's Top Ten of 2011


2011 continued my personal trend of seeing many more Off-Off-Broadway shows and considerably fewer Broadway Shows, with Off-Broadway holding steady. In fact, of over 70 shows, only eight were on Broadway. And this year, it's not just the insanely high price of tickets keeping me away--it's also the lackluster offerings. Perhaps my life will be forever diminished because I never saw Bonnie and Clyde or Mountaintop or the latest Anything Goes, but I'm willing to risk that, particularly because Off-Off- and Off-Broadway boast such high-quality offerings.

Here, then, in alphabetical order, is my top ten list, with links to the reviews:

Chris Wight, Lori E. Parquet, and Liz Douglas in Dog Act
(Photo: Isaiah Tanenbaum)
    Daniel Morgan Shelley and David King in
    The Man Who Ate Michael Rockefeller
    (Photo: Lia Chang)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only saw six of your ten, but agree with all of them, especially Dog Act.

Heather Cohn said...

Thank you so much Wendy for including Flux's DOG ACT in your top 10 list! Wishing I'd seen more of the others you included. We are very grateful for your long-time support of Flux and can't wait to see you at MENDERS.

Anonymous said...

If you had to name your number one of 2011, which of the ten would it be? Or is that too impossible to do?

Wendy Caster said...

I could maybe, maybe, get it down to five! One would be impossible. It was an excellent theatre-going year for me.

Wendy Caster said...

What about you, Mr./Ms. Anonymous? What were your bests of the year?